Fast Facts on Trading Signals for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5
Trading Signals for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 – is a service allowing traders to copy trading operations of a Signals Provider. Users can select any signal, subscribe to it and all deals will be copied at their accounts. Signals providers can set their subscription prices and receive a fixed monthly fee from their Subscribers.
- It is a simple and ready-made solution. Subscription is performed in a few clicks. All deals are copied automatically without trader’s intervention.
Signals Providers will also be able to start easily – it will take less than a minute to add a signal to the base and set a subscription fee.
- High security for all the participants. Careful selection is performed among Signals Providers – they work in a test mode within a month. If the test
is passed, they can offer their signals on MQL5.com.
To complete the test successfully, a Signals Provider should perform at least 5 trades within a specified period without his or her trading account’s
drawdown exceeding 70%.
- Subscription and signals purchase rate. No agreements between Subscribers, Signals Providers and Brokers are required. Signals Providers put their products
up for sale while Subscribers choose the most suitable ones. That’s all. There is no excessive bureaucracy. There is no tedious work with bunches of papers –
all processes are performed strictly inside the system avoiding any kind of paperwork.
- Minimum delay in deals execution. If a Signals Provider and a Subscriber are located on the same server, the deals will be executed with no
delay. MetaTrader Signal Servers are located next to the broker ones. Thus, execution delays will remain inconsiderable even if a Subscriber and a
Signals Provider are located on different servers.
How to Subscribe
To subscribe to a trading signal, you need to make a few simple steps:
- Open a real or a demo trading account on MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5. Signals can work with both account types.
- Open an account on MQL5.com. If you do not have an account yet,
- Go to the client terminal Options and specify your MQL5.com account’s login and password in Community tab.
- Select a suitable signal in the trading terminal and subscribe to it. The moment of subscription will be set as a start date and duration will be set for
- Specify the necessary parameters in Options window that opens immediately. There traders can define the load of the deposit (for example, 50% of
deposit), copying stop level (equity level, at which trading should be stopped), spread difference levels. It should be noted that the size of the
deposit allocated for copying a signal is not defined by setting a proportion between the volumes of the Provider’s and Subscriber’s positions. Another method
is used instead. You can find more about that
- All is set! From now on, all trading operations performed by the selected Signals Provider will be automatically copied in Subscriber’s
How to Become a Signals Provider
- Open an account on mql5.com if you do not have it yet.
- Open Seller tab of MQL5.com Profile and register as a Seller by filling in all data in the registration form.
All fields are filled out using Latin characters. Signals Providers should specify their first and last names, place of residence (country, state,
city/town, address), postal code and mobile phone number, so that we can contact them.
Besides, legal entities should attach a scanned copy of their certificate of registration, while individuals should attach a scanned copy of their
passport, driving license or identity card (ID). This should be done to identify and protect them against frauds. MetaQuotes Software Corp. keeps all
personal data strictly confidential.
Check “I agree with rules of the Market and Signals services” option and click “Register”.
After that, a trader should receive SMS confirmation. To
do that, click “Send SMS”. This SMS is free.
- After clicking the button, the trader will receive SMS notification with a code.
Enter the code in the new window and click “Confirm”.
Then the trader’s application for registration as a Seller will be processed by the Moderator.
- After the trader’s registration is approved, he or she will receive the following SMS message “You have been successfully approved as Seller on MQL5.com”
and the following personal message on MQL5.com: “Seller’s Profile: your application for registration as a seller has been confirmed”.
- Enter Signals and click “Create
your own signal”.
- Fill in the form specifying basic information about the new signal in the new window (signal and broker names, subscription fee, trading account’s login
and investor password). All information about the signal should be specified in Latin characters.
The basic subscription price is set per one month. Users can subscribe to signals for a month or for a week. In the second case, the cost of subscription is
set equal to one fourth of the month.
After completing all these stages, the signal should pass a one-month test period. To complete it successfully, a Signals Providers should perform at least 5 trades within a specified period without his or her trading account’s drawdown exceeding 70%. If the signal complies with these conditions within a test period, it will become available for subscription.
Trading Signals Operation Features
Operation of trading signals in MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 trading platforms has a number of features. Subscribers, Signals Providers and Brokers should be well aware of them.
One trading account on one server should be managed by the signals of only one Provider. MetaQuotes Software Corp. has deliberately banned using several signals on a single account to protect traders from unexpected losses.
It should also be considered that a trading account can be subscribed to only one signal, while MQL5.com account may have several subscriptions for different accounts. It means that a trader may have several accounts opened at different brokerage companies and managed by different signals. All these subscriptions may be registered and paid up from a single MQL5.com account.
As for the payment of trading signals, it is all simple and transparent. Subscribers pay a fixed sum once a month or a week and receive trading signals for this period. There are neither commissions for each deal, nor spread disengagement, nor additional commissions from gained profits.
MQL5.com payment system is used for buying subscriptions via PayPal, WebMoney or bank cards. When buying a subscription to a signal, the funds are transferred from the Subscriber’s account to the Provider’s one (our commission is 20%) where they are automatically blocked for the subscription period. At the end of the period, the funds are unblocked and deposited to the Provider’s account. In case of any valid claims, the funds for the current period will be returned to the Subscriber. As you may have already noted, neither Providers nor Subscribers have to contact with a broker to arrange a subscription.
One of the main features is that Providers and Subscribers do not need to have their accounts on the same trade server. Delays between executions of trading operations on the Provider’s and Subscriber’s accounts are minimized. This has been made possible thanks to new Signal Servers having cloud architecture and located all over the world. At the same time, the highest quality of execution will be achieved if a Provider and a Subscriber work on the same server.